[MPlayer-cygwin] Mplayer on Vista

Frank Aurich fa859178 at inf.tu-dresden.de
Fri Oct 27 04:57:18 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've been running Windows Vista for a while now, and Mplayer works great, except
for the annoying disabling of DWM (or 'Aero') as long as Mplayer is operating.
This means all the transparency/translucency is gone, but even worse is the
black-out of the display when starting and ending a movie.

The problem lies within vo_directx, but I'm afraid I don't really know where to
look specifically. I haven't found much information from MS yet on what causes
the switch to Vista Basic.

Has anyone looked into this yet and found a solution to the problem?

Frank