[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Segmentation Fault

Thomas Plank tplank at gmx.at
Thu May 18 15:09:42 CEST 2006

Andy Burgess (andyburgess at argonet.co.uk) wrote:

>>>       7 [main] mplay 180 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Error
>>> while dumping state (
>>> probably corrupted stack)
>>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

> I've just recently had *exactly* the same error and the fix is quite simple:

> What I had in mine was a variable called buffer of size 80 - i.e.

>    char buffer[80]="";

> I then added a new file to read with larger records than the original
> 80 characters and issued a

>    fgets(file,500,buffer)

I think the solution for my problem isn't that simple because compilation
with an elder cygwin installation (gcc 4.0.3) still works fine.

With my current cygwin (gcc 4.1.0) I made some updates at the end of April
and for that time compilation fails.

I performed an uninstall and used the previous versions, but the error
remains. That just happens with mplayer other self compiled software with
cygwin seems to operate correctly; I haven't recognised an error yet.
--
mfg Thomas