[MPlayer-cygwin] Green borders in window mode with new Win32 gui version (Gianluigi/Erik)

Richard Ivarson Rivarson at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 10:58:16 CEST 2006

Hi,

I just downloaded the new GUI version compiled by Gianluigi and Erik from
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php named: mplayer-gui-rtm-cvs-20060323.7z
(I of course also tried Erik's nice installable version at first, because it
includes some more nice drivers and features).

Unfortunately, in windowed mode there's a large green bar on the right of the
windowed video area which can't be removed. I've tried various configurations
but with no effect.
In full screen mode the bar is gone, but usually I use windowed mode a lot.

Older versions of the same Win32 compilation didn't showed this green bar.
However, they started with a black video area IIRC, while the new version
starts with a splash logo inside the video area.

When I try the no-gui version: mplayer-k7-cvs-20060323.7z
... there's no green bar (but also no GUI... :-)

I'm using WinXP at the moment.
Is this effect also seen by other users on their PCs? Or is it just me...
Thanks.

-ric