[MPlayer-cygwin] To fix subcp problems

moonkyu kim moonkyu.kim at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:07:03 CET 2006

This is my first post to mailing list... I am uncertain that it is rigth
action.... ^^
And plz understand my poor English.

I have a question about mplayer subtitle display.

I had compiled MPlayer on Windows2003 succesfully. It works well with korean
true type font.
However, When I test this binary on WindowsXP, It has a problem to load
subtitle file.

here's error logs.
shell> mplayer ....... -subcp cp949 ........

> SUB: Detected subtitle file format: sami
> SUB: error recoding line (1).
> Cannot load subtitles:
D:\messedup\Before.Sunrise.1995.DVDRip.AC3.RemnaNY.smi

When '-subcp cp949' is removed, no error. but, subtitle display on screen
can not be read,

As I know, I must fix 'subreader.c' file. But I have no idea how to fix
it....

Please help me. Thank you..