[MPlayer-cygwin] Win32 gui updates

Erik Lunchpail erik_27can at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 05:51:35 CET 2006

Well, I fought a long hard battle with windows RECT's,
but in keeping with linux gui emulation, I managed to
add a sub window to the win32 gui.

It takes advantage of WinID (when using directx), and
should automatically set/maintain video aspects. Since
windows desktop space is prime real estate, the sub
window hides and stays hidden when the file is audio
only, and should only pop back up when there's video.
I've also added a right-click menu to the sub window
with some basic playback features.

When using vo's other than directx, the sub window
should also hide itself leaving only the newly created
vo window visible.

Some screenshots here:
http://vayne.fdns.net/mplayer/shot1.jpg
http://vayne.fdns.net/mplayer/shot2.jpg
http://vayne.fdns.net/mplayer/shot3.jpg

Cygwin compilation untested, but I don't forsee any
problems. I've sent the patch on to Gianluigi Tiesi,
so it should be up on his page shortly, and as well,
it's attached.

Regards,
Erik