[MPlayer-cygwin] A small Mplayer + Cygwin HOWTO

Pekka Seppänen pexu at lyseo.edu.ouka.fi
Sun Jun 4 22:04:06 CEST 2006

Hello,

Since /win32/contrib/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt seems to be a bit
outdated nowadays I decided to make a new Mplayer+Win32 HOWTO.
Because I couldn't get my MinGW builds working (segfault @ m_config.c,
m_config_add_option: 197, co->opt = arg) I built my Mplayer on Cygwin.

Here's what I came up with: http://lyseo.edu.ouka.fi/~pexu/h/mplayer_windows_howto/

I hope that helps new users so that they don't need to crawl web
for ages to find solutions for small pitfalls ;-)

All ideas etc. are welcome and I don't mind if more or less of it
is copied to Mplayer distribution. It's public domain after all :)

-- Pekka

PS. For some reason .ogg files are not working. Inside OGM etc.
Vorbis however works just fine.