[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Some questions about MPlayer.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Jul 7 14:22:08 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 11:26:02PM -0400, Victor Farias wrote:
> >> b) Could be posible to disable window movements when you click-move
> >> the video screen? (current behavior will move the video window and
> >> will not receive the single/double left-click input message).
> >
> >You should receive the input messages by pressing CTRL while clicking. A
> >patch to change this behaviour is available (to move the window except
> >via title bar you would then have to press the ALT key), but so far there
> >was one person for and one person against the change - which is not
> >enough to convince me to make the change.
>
> The "move the window only when using the title bar" behavior is the default
> behavior under Windows (and it is the current behavior when using
> vo=directx).
>
> I reported this just because of consistency ;)

And I made the patch because I like consistency. But I also don't really
like forcing non-important changes onto users, maybe I'll reconsider later if
more people speak up for the change.

> >> c) Could be posible to take into account the window decoration when
> >> using the geometry option? (current behavior does not take into
> >> account the window decoration. You can try using geometry=0:0 to see
> >> what I mean).
> >
> >This is intentional and unlikely to be changed.
>
> I also reported this just because of consistency ;)

I think the current behaviour is consistent with linux. Also if doing it
different the window would jump around when en/disabling the border.

> >> (3) The following is just a report: When the resolution of a video is
> >> bigger than the resolution of your desktop (e.g. 1280x720 v/s
> >> 1024x768) and you are using vo=gl/gl2, then the position of the video
> >> will be strange (you can only see the half of the image, the other
> >> half is out of the screen).[...]
> >
> >You are using pre8?
> >If it's not fixed I'll have another look at it. This is probably related
> >to another fix, before it would not allow the window to become bigger
> >than the screen size, resulting in a squished image (per default,
> >Windows does not allow windows to be bigger than screen size, bah).
>
> Yes, and I tried using latest SVN (18929) too... But the same behavior is
> triggered.

I hope it is fixed now, I forgot to apply a patch.

[...]

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger