[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Some questions about MPlayer.

Victor Farias nk21507 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 7 05:58:45 CEST 2006

Hello :)

Thanks for your reply.

compn wrote:

>the colors are off you say? does -vf swapuv make it look right?
>is red/blue switched?

No, it is not about colors looking "wrong", but different. It might be
possible to notice the difference if you use vo=png (or vf=screenshot to
take a screenshot) and then comparing it against vo=directx.

>otherwise... figure outwhat colorspace gl2 is using from mplayer output,
>like:
>
>VO: [gl2] 320x240 => 320x240 BGR 24-bit
>
>then use -vo directx -vf format=bgr24
>
>i reccomend -vf format=yv12 or yuy2 tho, bgr24 is usually not very fast...

When using vo=gl2, the output was:

SwScaler: using unscaled Planar YV12 -> BGR 24-bit special converter
VO: [gl2] 640x304 => 640x304 BGR 24-bit

When using vo=directx, the output was:

VO: [directx] 640x304 => 640x304 Planar YV12

If I use "mplayer -vo directx -vf format=bgr24,scale <filename>", then the
output will be:

SwScaler: using unscaled Planar YV12 -> BGR 24-bit special converter
VO: [directx] 640x304 => 640x304 Planar YV12

>it could be the font cmd.exe (or whatever terminal mplayer output is in)
>is using.
>
>try switching to a non-english or font with support for non-english
>characters.
>via the right click on the taskbar and go to properties > font.

It is not related to the font used in CMD. It is a code page problem (a
Windows problem, not an MPlayer problem).

To fix the problem I changed the code page used by "Command Prompt"... CMD
does not support unicode correctly (does CMD support unicode at all???).

Byes :p

Yakusoku wa iranai.