[MPlayer-cygwin] Fast CoreAVC DShow H264 decoder - Need help

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Wed Jan 18 00:00:22 CET 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:26:22 +0100
Stefan Gürtler <helfmir at surfeu.de> wrote:

> ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec CoreAVCDecoder.ax.
> Warning: DS_Filter() source format is not accepted.
> (DLL=CoreAVCDecoder.ax, r=0x1)
>
> There we are stuck right now.
>
> Stefan

i think the problem is that mplayer cannot load some directshow filters.
there are quite a few dshow .ax's that will not load. a lot of the CoreCodecs
will not work for me, also some others such as ffdshow will probably not work.

mplayer does not emulate the full directshow system, only parts of it.

to fix it i think you can have a look at other open source directshow filters
to check if mplayer can load them and/or what the difference is between the
working and non-working filters.

maybe you should try srcfilter which can read dshow filters on windows/linux
and is oss, and figure how to get mplayer a full directshow API from it.
http://outflux.net/software/pkgs/srcfilter/

-compn