[MPlayer-cygwin] Fast CoreAVC DShow H264 decoder - Need help

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:24:58 CET 2006

>I was refering to the error code (r=0x51a3e10) in the Warning
>Warning: DS_Filter() could not open DirectShow DLL. (DLL=CoreAVCDecoder.ax,
>r=0x51a3e10)

I understood. What I meant to say was that since LoadLibrary failed, the
result variable would be unintialized, so that r=0x51a3e10 does not mean
anything.

>It seems you are correckt about the dll not being found though I put it
>into an codecs dir specifyed througth the ./configure
>--with-codecsdir=/some/ablsolut/path.

Apparently, the code does not append the DLL name to the codecsdir, at least
in the case of DirectShow codecs. If that is so, then it should be OK to
specify the absolute path in codecs.conf, or you can add your codecs
directory to your %PATH%

>--with-codecsdir=/some/ablsolut/path.
You mentioned mingw before. If you are using mingw, why are you using a Unix
path?

>New /odl error code r=0x80040111. Looks like I have to work on the GUIDs,
>finally.

I think you reported this error before. To find it in winerror.h, you may
have to convert it to decimal. The relevant error values are stored as
decimal in my winerror.h at home, while at work, they are in hex. MS Calc
will treat this number as an unsigned integer. If you need a signed result,
the easiest way is to write a small program with:

printf("%i\n", (int)0x80040111 );

Your error is CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE