[MPlayer-cygwin] Fast CoreAVC DShow H264 decoder - Need help

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 17 00:28:02 CET 2006

>Is there a way to check the path, under which path mplayer looks for the
>binary codecs?

You configured --with-codecsdir=codecs. This would the codecs directory in
the directory that contains mplayer.exe. I do not know whether it also looks
in %windir%\System32 or %PATH%, but I doubt it. I would try copying
CoreAVCDecoder.ax to the codecs folder, and also registering the file form
that folder, i.e.:

C:\MPlayer\codecs> regsvr32 CoreAVCDecoder.ax

>   ; guid 0x6931C7e7, 0x75b7, 0x4729, 0xa1, 0x53, 0xa8, 0xad, 0x99,

Note that you have commented out the GUID. You need to supply a valid GUID.
Look in the MPlayer manual under "DirectShow codecs" to see how to find out
the GUID.

>Warning: DS_Filter() no such class object.  (DLL=CoreAVCDecoder.ax,
>r=0x80040111)
>Failed to create DirectShow filter

>From winerror.h:
#define CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE ((HRESULT)0x80040111L)
You would naturally get this because you have not supplied the GUID, which
identifies the class.

Having said all of the above, I was advised that MPlayer cannot use
DirectShow filters. I assume that a Directshow filter is not the same thing
as the DirectShow codecs described in the manual. I was trying to use the
RealMediaSplitter filter, which lets you play RealMedia files in Windows
Media Player.

I supplied various possible GUIDs, but I received messages such as "Could
not create input pin" (or maybe output pin). Maybe you will have better
luck.