[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Mplayer win32 GUI questions

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Sat Jan 14 10:30:08 CET 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 10:35:05AM -0600, Joey Parrish wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 11:41:33AM +0100, Stefan Gürtler wrote:
> > Diego Biurrun schrieb:

> > >I finally got around to testing this, but unfortunately I'm apparently
> > >too lame to get libpng compiled under MinGW.  Any hints?
> > >
> > >Does this work (properly) under Cygwin as well?
> > >
> > Never had problems with libpng in MinGW:
> >
> > tar -xvvzf libpng-1.2.8-config.tar.gz
> > cd libpng-1.2.8-config
> > ./configure --prefix=c:/mingw --disable-shared
> > make
> > make install
> > cd
> >
> > Taekn from MinGW MPlayer HOWTO. What are you doing?
>
> I have found in my experience that sometimes --disable-shared solves
> mingw or cygwin compilation problems.

All of my stuff complied on mingw is done by using these arguments:
./configure --enable-static --disable-shared --prefix=/mingw

then

mkdir /tmp/pkinstall
make prefix=/tmp/pkginstall install
go in tmp/pkginstall
strip binaries (not libs), removed uneeded, then make a package.

Also I don't try my builds on cygwin, but they should still work.
On win32 is almost always a good idea to use static libs
(cygwin1.dll cannot be static but it will be the only one dep,
I prefer mingw when possible, when not I often try to port it native).

Cheers

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>
EDP Project Leader