[MPlayer-cygwin] which confdir to use when compiling on cygwin?

Chris Taylor chris at equate.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 12 16:46:40 CET 2006

compn wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 02:38:44 +0100
> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>

>>The Cygwin port uses Unix-style paths.  Just run MPlayer from the Cygwin
>>command line.
>>
>>Diego
>

> i only have cygwin installed on one pc, but i want to my mplayer binaries
> on multiple pc's
>
> -compn

You have two options then (possibly only one)

1) Use a mingw-compiled version on the non-cygwin boxen
2) Copy cygwin1.dll to the other boxes and specify the path to
codecs.conf on the commandline - be aware that the path to all dll files
will be incorrect.

There is of course the 3rd option of installing a minimal cygwin on the
other boxes, done by merely running setup and not changing any of the
default options.. Though I would always strongly recommend installing
rxvt and using it over the default cmd.exe - it's far more responsive.

Chris
--

Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket
of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world