[MPlayer-cygwin] Sigh - long list of errors in svn

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 03:17:04 CET 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:

>This must be the lamest bug report *ever* ..

<lame bug report snipped>

> > I hesitate to complain, since I did not pay any money for MPlayer, but:
> > Can they check *anything* in? Don't they care whether it even compiles
>or
> > not?
>
>I hesitate to complain, since I do not wish to embarass you, but:
>Can you check out and compile *anything*? Don't you even care whether
>you got conflicts on 'svn update'?

My previous update did not compile either (it had nothing to do with
conflicts, and was fixed with patches by Erik Lunchpail). Not long before
that, I had to do a fresh checkout, which again had nothing to do with
conflicts (at least there was no >>). I was too frustrated to see why it
would not compile this time.

Anyway, thanks to your suggestion, I deleted the offending file and ran 'svn
update', then  make distclean; ./configure --prefix=/mingw --enable-static
--enable-debug=3 --enable-menu --enable-gui
--codecsdir=codecs --extra-libs='-ldvdnav libdvdcss/libdvdcss.a'>
bugreport/configure.txt 2>&1'

Now (svn 21506), I am getting:
make -C osdep
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/progra~1/multimedia/mplayer/svn/osdep'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/progra~1/multimedia/mplayer/svn/osdep'
gcc -o mplayer.exe mplayer.o m_property.o mp_msg.o asxparser.o codec-cfg.o
cpudetect.o edl.o find_sub.o m_config.o m_option.o m_struct.o parser-cfg.o
playtree.o playtreeparser.o spudec.o sub_cc.o subreader.o vobsub.o
unrarlib.o mixer.o parser-mpcmd.o subopt-helper.o osdep/mplayer-rc.o
libvo/libvo.a libao2/libao2.a input/libinput.a vidix/libvidix.a Gui/libgui.a
libmenu/libmenu.a libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a libaf/libaf.a
libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a stream/stream.a libswscale/libswscale.a
libvo/libosd.a libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/libavcodec.a
libavutil/libavutil.a libpostproc/libpostproc.a loader/libloader.a
mp3lib/libMP3.a liba52/liba52.a libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a libfaad2/libfaad2.a
tremor/libvorbisidec.a libass/libass.a osdep/libosdep.a -lopengl32 -lgdi32
-L/mingw/lib -lcaca -lwinmm -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lcomctl32 -lshell32
-lkernel32 -lgdi32 -lwinmm -liconv -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lungif -L/mingw/lib
-ldvdnav -lcdio_cdda -lcdio -lcdio_paranoia -lwinmm -L/mingw/lib -lfreetype
-lz -lfontconfig -lexpat -lfreetype -lz -llzo -lmad -lspeex -I/mingw/include
  -L/mingw/lib -ltheora -logg   -ladvapi32 -lole32
/mingw/lib/live/liveMedia/libliveMedia.a
/mingw/lib/live/groupsock/libgroupsock.a
/mingw/lib/live/UsageEnvironment/libUsageEnvironment.a
/mingw/lib/live/BasicUsageEnvironment/libBasicUsageEnvironment.a
-lstdc++ -lws2_32    -static -lm -ldvdnav libdvdcss/libdvdcss.a
gcc.exe: osdep/mplayer-rc.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [mplayer.exe] Error 1

Again, this has nothing to do with any conflicts. Maybe I need to get a
fresh checkout (again!).

Fortunately, this problem is easy to fix by manually compiling mplayer.rc.
Unfortunately, I do not understand makefiles well enough to say why I have
to do that.

By all means, feel free to complain about lazy freeloaders. I don't care. My
needs are modest. The only time that I have ever been seriously affected by
a bug in MPlayer was when 2-pass encoding stopped working, so as long as it
compiles, I am happy.