[MPlayer-cygwin] cdda and cddb

Erik Lunchpail erik_27can at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 08:59:56 CEST 2005

> Then please send a patch.  No sense in duplicating
> work.  If it's not
> clean enough for CVS, I'll take on the project.  But
> it would be
> appreciated if you would share what you've
> accomplished.

Well, here's a small patch just so you can see where
i'm starting from. Don't laugh or flame pls, because
this is totally not even my area, and as i said, it's
just a starting point. This actually finds my cdrom,
reads the TOC, and parses the number of Audio tracks
on the cd, which is further than i've gotten with
anything else before. Obviously, akrip needs to be
installed first to link against.

Also, foobar2000 (a windows media player) also uses
akrip's DAE features for CDDA playback, and they have
an SDK for download here
http://www.foobar2000.org/SDK.zip in which you can
view the source for their CDDA access (in
foobar200/foo_cdda) if you need reference.

It's really the cdda_priv_t, stream_t, and cd_info_t
structs where i'm having the most trouble, as it's all
foreign code to me, hence my call to "someone who
actually knows what they're doing."

Regards,
Erik