[MPlayer-cygwin] Possible dirextx bug ?

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Sun May 29 17:13:23 CEST 2005

> Is there anyway around this ? I've tried other such shell
> replacements like xoblite and bluebox, my favored would be bb4win
> but none seem to work with it.
> It plays fine with the normal explorer shell tho.
>
> Thomas Winningham wrote:
>
> > Sounds like your hardware overlay has this limitation.

Sounds to me like these replacement shells don't have real support for your card.  Which would explain why :noaccel works when the normal directx doesn't.  You say it works in the normal shell, then I suggest you use that, or find a replacement that has full support for your card.  Normal shell seems to have the support for the overlay.  Are you compiling mplayer yourself or using one of the binaries?

/S. Smith