[MPlayer-cygwin] How to build mplayer/mencoder with cygwin static linked?

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Tue May 10 09:51:19 CEST 2005

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 09:55:07AM +0800, Bo Xie wrote:
> > you can use mingw32+msys to build a native win32 mplayer
>
> What's the conclusion/solution? I don't want to use MinGW+MSYS. Is it
> possible to use cygwin build a mplayer/mencoder which only depends on
> cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll (no more dlls,eg.
> CYGGL-1.dll,CYGX11-6.dll,CYGXEXT-6.dll,CYGESD-0.dll,etc)? Thank you
> very much!

If you use x11 vo you'll always need an x server so alternatives
are use cygx11 but in this case why static link libs that are yet in
system, the second chance is use nx xwin server.
I think you should disable x11 vo if you want a standalone exe,
and use directx vo instead.

Bye

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>