[MPlayer-cygwin] DirectSound Volume patch

Reimar =?UTF8?Q?D=F6ffinger?= Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Jun 10 14:43:05 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 10:53:37PM +0200, deje at miki.hu wrote:
> I have made a litte modification in the directsound driver, because
> directsound uses dB scale and humans need logarithmic. The result is
> quite good, please apply the patch.

dB is logarithmic I think... Could it be you wanted to say something
else? Anything I'd say this kind of code belongs somewhere more central
in MPlayer (since other output methods have the same problem) and IMHO
should be more flexible, at least I don't like the logarithmic scale,
since volume control isn't precise enough in the upper ranges for me.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger