[MPlayer-cygwin] MPlayer GUI?

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Jul 10 19:27:34 CEST 2005

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 01:20:48AM +0200, Jérémie Lumbroso wrote:

> I've been using MPlayer on Windows for a long time, and I really love
> it ... however I sometimes feel the inconvenience of not having a GUI.
> I recently installed Linux on my computer for a few things, and I saw
> there that MPlayer has a very nice GUI.

I also feel that inconvenience and have been bugging a certain person to
consider merging the Windows port of the GUI.  However that certain
person - let's call him Samuel Winter for now - has refused to listen to
my pleas time and time again.  I have numerous witnesses for the fact
that he refused booting Windows to have even so much as a short look at
the Windows port of the GUI.  Sad indeed are the days when the Windows
maintainer has no more mercy with all those poor Windows users and
leaves them to using the command line or *shudder* WMP.

But there is hope for you now that you have left that OS with the
devilish maintainer behind.  Go, live happily and prosper in the land of
the penguin, in MS-land Winter reigns with a cold heart.  May god have
mercy with the poor souls that cannot escape from his dominion...

SCNR ;)

> I keep reading everywhere that the GUI is not implemented in Windows,
> yet I found this screen shot:
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/images/shot-gmplayer-windows-01s.jpg
>
> Is it possible to do that here?

That is the standard GUI running under Cygwin/X.  It's probably easier
to install the Windows port by Gianluigi Tiesi:

http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php

Diego