[MPlayer-cygwin] mencoder stability?

James Lee jlee at thestaticvoid.org
Wed Jul 6 19:44:32 CEST 2005

Hello,

The Windows users of my front end to mencoder, iriverter
(http://iriverter.sourceforge.net), are reporting that the mencoder.exe process
is crashing on them during the encoding.  They report that it is happening
almost randomly.  I do not have or use Windows, so I cannot reproduce this
problem.  I have included the binaries on the mplayer ftp, various third party
binaries, and I've even compiled my own with mingw, both 1.0pre6 and pre7, yet I
still receive reports.

As an example, this is what a command would look like as run by iriverter:

mencoder /home/jlee/Video/Firefly/firefly.s01e05.safe.avi -o
/home/jlee/Video/Firefly/firefly.s01e05.safe.h300.avi -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
bitrate=256:max_bframes=0 -oac mp3lame -lameopts mode=2:cbr:br=128 -vf
scale=220:120,expand=220:176,harddup -af volnorm,resample=44100 -ofps 10 -srate
44100

Is mencoder just unstable on Windows?  I wish I could provide more information.

Thank you,

James Lee
jlee at thestaticvoid.org