[MPlayer-cygwin] -=[ Few Questions ]=-

Milan Gurjanov miksha at uns.ns.ac.yu
Mon Jan 31 22:35:22 CET 2005

Hello, to ALL!                        Monday, January 31, 2005.   22:24:20

On day Friday, January 21, 2005 you wrote:

> Video res. (original aspect=V=W1:H1)
> Wanted aspect A=W2:H2
> Monitor aspect M (4:3 in my case)

> if (A!=V)   (wanted aspect differs from orig. aspect)
> {
>    X1=W1    (orig. width)
>    Y1=W1/A  (orig. width divided by wanted aspect coef.)

>    X2=W1    (orig. width)
>    Y2=W1/M  (orig. width divided by wanted monitor aspect)
> }
> else        (keep orig. aspect) see *note!
> {
>    X1=W1    (orig. width)
>    Y1=H1    (orig. height)

>    X2=W1    (orig. width)
>    Y2=W1/M  (orig. width divided by wanted monitor aspect)
> }

>    mplayer -aspect A -vf scale=X1:Y1, expand=X2:Y2

> *note: If I want to keep orig. aspect, and just use expand, I dont pass
>        "-aspect A" command to MPlayer, just "-vf scale=X1:Y1, expand=X2:Y2"

> This works perfect. It works in both directions - if you want to scale
> picture to smaller size or to larger size according to orig. aspect &
> by height only. It was quite simple, but...

Thanks to Rudo Thomas, now I know about one different way to do this
and at the same time not to use SW scaler. It's just if anyone ever
needs it & has a slow machine. Here it goes:

Video res. (original aspect=V=W1:H1)
Wanted aspect A=W2:H2
Wanted expand value: E
Monitor aspect M (4:3 in my case)

A=H1*V
E=A/M

-vf expand=h=E,dsize=A:E

The rest is up to VO! And of course there is no need for "--aspect"
option. Also this one is for expanding by Y axis, but it's quite
simple to change it to work for X axis.

Thanks again to Rudo for all his help!

--
Kind regards,