[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: [MPlayer-DOCS] homepage/info.html

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Jan 12 14:12:02 CET 2005

compn writes:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:21:34 +0100
> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>
> > compn writes:
> > > it might be a good idea to move mplayer-cygwin up to the users mailinglist
> > > instead of having it under the developers list on the mailinglist page.
> >
> > Why?  To have it flooded with even more RTFM questions?  Do you feel
> > that mplayer-users is not the right place for Windows users?
>
> do you feel that mplayer-dev-eng is not the right place for windows dev?

OK, some history: Arpi originally created this mailing list at a time
when dev-eng was being flooded (somewhat at least) with Windows
porting discussions and testing reports.  Since most devs use Linux
exclusively this does make some sense.

Something similar happened with mplayer-docs, mencoder-users and
mplayer-translations..

> but i guess -users is good for cygwin/mingw users as well...

I hope so.  Maybe a special Windows users mailing list would make
sense as well...

Diego