[MPlayer-cygwin] compile the libs on mingw

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Jan 2 18:14:45 CET 2005

Hi,
> > > Step 2 directx headers
> > > Get the directx header package at
> > > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/contrib/dx7headers.tg
> > >
> > > As alternative you can also use the modified wine headers reimar posted
> > > to the cygwin list.
> >
> > It also contains things like iconv, freetype and some other libs for
> > MinGW that I found difficult to get...
>
> For most users this is probably better than compling everything themselves.
> Btw, shall I upload it to the win32-beta/contrib dir?

I guess that would be a good idea, easier to find like this... Those
libs are quite old but they work well for me...

> > > Step 2 ogg and vorbis
> >
> > Now that there is tremor included this shouldn't be necessary anymore...
>
> Hm does the demuxer now work without libogg, too?

I could play .ogm files with my version and there was no -logg on the
gcc command line (and ldd says it doesn't use it). So I think yes, but I
didn't test on mingw yet.

> > > cd main
> > > ./configure --enable-runtime-cpudetection --with-codecsdir=codecs
> > > --enable-static --with-livelibdir=/home/username/live (make sure you use
> > > the right path for the --with-livelibdir option) make
> >
> > I don't know if you should recommend --enable-runtime-cpudetection when
> > people are building their own version...
>
> Ok, needs some rewording. I only wanted to avoid the "my exe works on one
> computer but crashes on another computer" bugreports.

Yes, I thought so...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger