[MPlayer-cygwin] compile the libs on mingw

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Jan 2 17:47:45 CET 2005

Hi,
> > I failed to compile internal tremor under MinGW (as of january 1st.
> > 2005), i had to disable it.
>
> Fixed. Current cvs still won't compile due to an undefined reference in
> ao_pcm.c
> Replacing strndup with strdup should work, though.
> Not sure if this one occurens of strndup is worth a new file in osdep/

I fixed that. Replacing strndup with strdup will definitely not work at
all.

> Step 2 directx headers
> Get the directx header package at
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/contrib/dx7headers.tgz
>
> As alternative you can also use the modified wine headers reimar posted to the cygwin list.

It also contains things like iconv, freetype and some other libs for
MinGW that I found difficult to get...

> Step 2 ogg and vorbis

Now that there is tremor included this shouldn't be necessary anymore...

> Step 7 MPlayer
> For my build I'm using a cvs checkout using cygwin, but cvs snapshots, wincvs or release tarballs should work, too.
>
> In the cygwin shell
> cd to your msys home dir
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer login

btw. I usually don't use login and it works anyway. Why is this
necessary?

> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co -P main
>
> When asked for a password, just hit enter. A directory named main will be created.
>
> Now checkout ffmpeg
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg login
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co -P main
>
> and copy the libavcodec and libavformat dirs from it to the main dir
> cp -R ffmpeg/libavcodec/ ffmpeg/libavformat/ main/
>
> All the sources should be there now.
>
> cd main
> ./configure --enable-runtime-cpudetection --with-codecsdir=codecs --enable-static --with-livelibdir=/home/username/live
> (make sure you use the right path for the --with-livelibdir option)
> make

I don't know if you should recommend --enable-runtime-cpudetection when
people are building their own version...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger