[MPlayer-cygwin] Using mplayer to save RTSP stream to a local file

Barry Kelly barry.j.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 21:19:43 CET 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:13:59 -0600, Joey Parrish <joey at nicewarrior.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 07:54:20PM +0000, Barry Kelly wrote:
> > Can mplayer/Cygwin (or MinGW) currently save a RTSP stream to a local file?
> >
> > If not, is it technically feasible to modify the source to get it to do that?
> >
> > If it is not currently possible but is feasible, I'll do it, if
> > someone can give a list of likely candidates / source files to
> > examine.
>
> Anything's possible.

But not everything is feasible...

> If you don't know where to go, grep the latest
> source.  Try "grep -r rtsp *", for example.

Sure, but I don't want to waste a day or two only to find out that it
isn't feasible. I'm hoping that most of the heavy work is done. Does
anybody intimate with the source know if there would be any issues?
I'm not trying to be lazy, but I am trying to be economical with my
time. I hope you appreciate the distinction.

Thanks,

-- Barry