[MPlayer-cygwin] Ogg/Vorbis support

Thomas Plank tplank at gmx.at
Tue Feb 1 11:32:23 CET 2005

Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de wrote:

Ah, thanks.

>> What exactly must be provided?
>> This one: --with-extralibdir=/libvorbis/lib/pkgconfig/
>> or this:  --with-extralibdir=/libvorbis/lib/

> The one where the .dll or .a files are. For the headers the one that
> contains the vorbis subdir (the one that contains the .h files).

Ok, done that several times, but configure always says:

"Checking for OggVorbis support ... yes (internal Tremor)"

I don't think that my self-compiled libs and headers are found.

> Or just grab the latest CVS snapshot, a vorbis decoder (tremor) is
> included.

The problem is, that a native build (with the tremor) only produced a
horrible smash to the loudspeakers. But mplayer didn't complain about a
missing codec. Indeed it identified the file as ogg vorbis, but couldn't
play it.
--
mfg Thomas