[MPlayer-cygwin] Distributable binaries for windows

Thomas Plank tplank at gmx.at
Mon Aug 15 16:55:57 CEST 2005

Joey Parrish (joey at nicewarrior.org) wrote:

> If you install cygwin, get mplayer, libavcodec, libavformat, libavutils,
> then just ./configure --enable-static && make.  What you will get will
> still depend on cygwin1.dll, which can be a pain sometimes.  You could
> also try ./configure --cc="gcc -mno-cygwin" --enable-static.  This will
> compile using the mingw runtime, so you will have no dependance on
> cygwin1.dll.  Some areas of MPlayer may behave differently between
> cygwin and mingw, but you may not notice the difference.

I tried this, but when using this option, configure doesn't work.

Have a look at the output:
 ,----
|    Enabled optional drivers:
|      Input: edl tv matroska mpdvdkit2
|      Codecs: libavcodec faad2(internal) libmpeg2 liba52 mp3lib
|      Audio output: win32 mpegpes(file)
|      Video output: winvidix cvidix md5sum pnm mpegpes(file) opengl tga
|      Audio filters:
|    Disabled optional drivers:
|      Input: vstream ftp network tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv-bsdbt848 live.com cdda dvdread vcd dvb smb
|      Codecs: qtx opendivx x264 xvid libdv amr_wb amr_nb real xanim dshow/dmo win32 musepack libdts libtheora libvorbis twolame toolame libmad liblzo gif  faac
|      Audio output: sgi sun alsa jack polyp esd arts oss dxr2 nas dsound sdl
|      Video output: xvidix bl zr zr2 dxr3 dxr2 directx sdl vesa gif89a jpeg png fbdev svga caca aa ggi xmga mga dga xvmc xv x11 directfb tdfx_vid tdfxfb 3dfx
|      Audio filters: ladspa
 `----

When I left out --cc="gcc -mno-cygwin" everything seems okay:

 ,----
|    Enabled optional drivers:
|      Input: ftp network edl tv live.com matroska mpdvdkit2
|      Codecs: qtx xvid libavcodec real xanim dshow/dmo win32 faad2(internal) libmpeg2 liba52 mp3lib libvorbis
|      Audio output: oss dsound win32 mpegpes(file)
|      Video output: winvidix cvidix directx md5sum pnm jpeg png mpegpes(file) opengl tga
|      Audio filters:
|    Disabled optional drivers:
|      Input: vstream tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv-bsdbt848 cdda dvdread vcd dvb smb
|      Codecs: opendivx x264 libdv amr_wb amr_nb musepack libdts libtheora twolame toolame libmad liblzo gif  faac
|      Audio output: sgi sun alsa jack polyp esd arts dxr2 nas sdl macosx
|      Video output: xvidix bl zr zr2 dxr3 dxr2 sdl vesa gif89a fbdev svga caca aa ggi xmga mga dga xvmc xv x11 directfb tdfx_vid tdfxfb 3dfx quartz
|      Audio filters: ladspa
 `----

Do you know, why -mno-cygwin seems not to work?
If you need some additional information, please let me know.

Regards, Thomas