[MPlayer-cygwin] Distributable binaries for windows

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Thu Aug 11 16:58:17 CEST 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:11:58 +0200
Sascha Sommer <saschasommer at freenet.de> wrote:

> > > As a small aside, does anyone know why --enable-largefiles is not set
> > > by default?
> >
> > For historical reasons, I presume.  Cygwin and mingw both used to be
> > very difficult platforms for compiling MPlayer.  They have both made
> > great strides since then.
> >

> It is afaik, but it is not implemented in mingw. I don't know about cygwin.
>
> Sascha

largefile support works in cygwin, i had some 6g files that needed to be
compressed and mingw could only see part of it.

werent you working on getting mingw to read it using the windows filesys
so mplayer could just use windows to read the files? (support for files
that windows can read) or was that someone else?