[MPlayer-cygwin] Stopping the screensaver in windows

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Tue Aug 9 00:53:10 CEST 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 08:40:01PM +0200, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> --- deje at miki.hu a écrit :
> > I think that is also a hack that we should avoid. Which output driver do
> > you use? As all output drivers are GPL'ed or free source, they can be
> > modified to implement the screensaver disabler method. vo_directx has
> > the one which windows api suggests - this is the clean way. I hate
> > hacking when there a nice way exists.
>
> Does this method take your own remark into account ?
> "
> I personally don't like when a user program changes system settings,
> because it may hang and won't reset that setting after killing it.
> "

Yes, as we have already pointed out.  Windows sends an event to the app
when it wants to start the screensaver.  The app responds, and the
screensaver does not come on.  If the app crashes, there is no response,
and the screensaver does its job again.

--Joey

--
"You think without your internal dialog, and I have red socks." --Prem