[MPlayer-cygwin] usage of -wid on windows

nick at savs.net nick at savs.net
Thu Apr 28 05:17:06 CEST 2005

> what output do you get? (add a -v to the args)

Yeah, I know that's obvious information to include, but when running the spawning process in visual studio, the spawned console window has nothing in it. However, running the spawning program from a cygwin prompt results in an mplayer console window flashing up briefly, displaying some stuff and then disappearing. Using system() on the following doesn't help either:

"cmd /k mplayer.exe -v -wid %ld blah.mpg"

I think one has to screw with CreateProcess() to redirect the output >:( Damn windows

Nick