[MPlayer-cygwin] Does mplayer support DxVA?

Chhaya, Harshal hchhaya at ti.com
Mon Sep 20 21:43:04 CEST 2004

Hi,

I had posted a similar question to the mplayer-users
group and figured that this might be a better place.
Sorry for the duplication.

I have been trying to find information on h/w assisted video
decoding (mainly for HDTV playback) and found that some
video cards support DxVA (DirectX Video Acceleration) that
can help in video decoding. From what I have read, this is
a pretty standard interface (i.e. it is not specific to
any device) and supported by multiple video cards. And
it helps in DVD playback too.

I can't find any reference to DxVA in mplayer docs. Is
winvidix the same as DxVA? Can mplayer use DxVA to off-load
some decoding tasks to the video card if the video card
supports it?

Thanks,
Harshal