[MPlayer-cygwin] win32 GUI

Joseph Miller joseph at tidetamerboatlifts.com
Mon Sep 20 15:13:03 CEST 2004

On Saturday 18 September 2004 8:44 pm, Tristan Seligmann wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 06:49:06 +0800, Song Du wrote:
> > The only way is *partial* closed source, which may violate GPL, I'm
> > afraid.
>
> This doesn't even really help you much, though; it just means that you
> have to read the source in assembly instead of in C...

I agree, this eventually boils down to who is willing to reverse engineer it.
Partial closed source will violate the GPL.  You cannot even link to a
library that is not open source from a GPL application.  The only way to do
it is piping input/ouput to/from a program which is very inconvenient and not
very secure either.