[MPlayer-cygwin] mplayer GUI on Win32

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Sep 9 02:39:58 CEST 2004

Joseph Miller writes:
> Hey, I am new to this list so this will be kind of a random message.  I'm just
> trying to figure out where things are with mplayer on Windows.  I see on the
> related projects page that there are some projects that have wrappers for
> MPlayer on Windows, but I didn't see any that have the GUI built in.

MPlayer Control offers a true GUI.

> I have
> just finished modifying MPlayer so that it has an embedded GUI front-end for
> Windows.  It needs some code cleanup and additional features, but the very
> basics are there.

This is very good news.  We need good Windows GUIs for world domination.

> I was wondering how does one contribute to the project, or
> is there any interest in what I have done?

There is definitely interest, rest assured.  A small guide to
contributing patches to MPlayer:

http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/patches.txt

> The player is GUI-only but
> supports all command line options (even quotes around filenames).  It has an
> open file dialog box and buttons for open, seek backward, seek forward, stop,
> play, pause, and re-start.  I'd like to hear some feedback on what the
> community would like to see in a Win32 MPlayer and I should have a release
> ready soon if that is needed.

How about putting up some binaries/sources up for testing.  We're not
afraid of running programs with a few rough edges around here.

Diego