[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Problems compiling for windows platform

Chris Taylor chris at equate.f9.co.uk
Sat May 22 01:53:54 CEST 2004

> Chris Taylor writes:
> > I'll be doing this myself shortly, so can probably put
> together some sort of
> > guide on going from source to finished build with most
> features enabled...
>
> That would be nice, we could add something like this to the
> documentation.

Will do then.. Not sure if I should do if for just released versions or if
it's worth using CVS.. Given that there's still a fair amount of development
going on.. Probably run through it with released versions, then use CVS
myself..

> > You will definitely need the directx headers though.
>
> Yes.  Also read the Windows section of the documentation.

Indeed. RTFM always applies. ;-)
At least mplayer has a decent win32 cygwin/mingw section in the
documentation, which is more than I can say about other programs..
*cough*ettercap*cough*

Chris