[MPlayer-cygwin] Giving mplayer higher priority

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri May 14 23:30:59 CEST 2004

Hi,
I want to suggest giving MPlayer higher priority.
Please tell me if you agree.

Reasons:
1) MPlayer is a (soft) realtime app, so it's actually correct ;-)
2) Even when only playing MP3s (uses < 2% of CPU), MPlayer stutters
otherwise when I do something CPU-bound in a foreground process or
simply start a new program (because foreground processes get higher
priority automatically).

I used HIGH_PRIORITY_CLASS, because the class inbetween HIGH and NORMAL
isn't available in Win9x (although the problem isn't so big there, it's
mostly with WinXP).

I'm not sure where to put this in mplayer.c, just took a random place.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger