[MPlayer-cygwin] winvidix

Alexander Turcic alexander at turcic.com
Sun May 9 13:39:04 CEST 2004

I mentioned the same problem earlier on this mailing list. I used
dhasetup.exe to install the driver (running as administrator), rebooted
my machine (windows xp sp1 german), and yet mplayer keeps complaining
that it cannot find the driver.

So I looked closer at the install procedure with a ring3 debugger.
Result: on my machine, all what dhasetup.exe does is copy dhahelper.sys
to my system32/drivers directory. No registry changes. If the driver
cannot be found on your machine as well, I suggest you open regedit.exe ,
press ctrl+f and search for dhahelper. No changes were made, thus the
driver won't be loaded at boot time.