[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: mplayer

Chris Taylor chris at equate.f9.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 20:01:21 CEST 2004

> > i downloaded the source code and it seems to be make-ing.
> How do I make
> > mplayer "aware" of my cdrom and cd writer? Also, if I
> re-install mplayer
> > will it just overwrite my previous files or should I first uninstall
> > before re-installing?
> >
> > thanks in advance,
> >
> > Rohan
>
> I usually just install one mplayer over the other, or provide
> them with a
> directory-tree of their own using ./configure
> --prefix=/opt/mplayer_version
> To "uninstall" a mplayer you can just delete the whole tree.
> rm -rf /opt/mplayer_version
>
> Stefan

There's no need to uninstall, as Stefan says.
As for making it 'aware' of your cd drives... AFAIK, there's no need, it
uses windows hooks for this (ie same as a commandline, or cygwin bash, etc).
Note that CDDA doesn't work as far as I know.. (I'm working on a build guide
just now, got a few things that aren't compiling..)

Chris