[MPlayer-cygwin] X shared memory extension

Stefan Gürtler Stefan.guertler at stud.tum.de
Wed Jun 9 08:04:22 CEST 2004

> > > Hi,

> when
> hind.
> > >
> > > Any news on that? I'd especially like to know about any problems with
> > > gl/gl2.
> > >
> > > Greetings,
> > > Reimar Döffinger
> >
> > Sorry, i was away for the weekend. I will do some testing in the coming
> > evenings.
> >
> > Stefan
>
> I did some test, and i have to say that the gui is working somehow for the
> most vos´, but with some adjustments done it still can be improved.
>
> I have a problem with switching to/from fullscreen via keyboard in all
vos,
> that is x11, gl2, directx and winvidix. E.g. the video output is resized
but
> jumps back to its original size in an instance. Using the contextmenue on
> the other hand works just fine.
> vo x11 is not working with every start parameter given to X. I can not
start
> X in fullscreen at all, the standart xinitrc that comes with cygwin xorg
> packages started "XWin -multiwindow  -clipboard". Then the vo x11 works.
But
> if i start without the -multiwindow and start wmaker, i always get an
error
> from gmplayer.
> $ X &
> $ wmaker -display :0 &
> -> start xterm in wmaker via context menue
> gmplayer -vo x11 ->ok
> choose a file and start playback -> error!
> gmplayer & -> mplayer does not come up.
> I will do some more tests on this one.
>

> Starting x win -multiwindow -clipbaord gmplayer -vo winvidix only opens
one
> addintional video output window (titelt MPlayer VIDIX Win32 Overlay)
similar
> to vo directx in the backround actually running the movi. The original
video
> output window (titeled MPlayer - Video) just turns black and stays on top.
> Both windows do not allow an context menu. Pressig 'f' with focus on the
> second window will bring the MPlayer - Video window to fullscreen just
> showing black, but the (second/overlay) window running the movie keeps the
> size and keeps showing the next frames. Switching through the windows with
> ALT+Tab will make mplayer display the resized movie on the MPlayer - Video
> window, the smaller/overlay one turns pink. Stopping playback is hard,
'q',
> the x on the topleft of the window is not working, the x on the gui is not
> working, gui is not reacting to any input no more. Update: when the small
> pink video output window gets the focus again, i can quitt using 'q'.
> Playing another window, e.g. this mail, over the MPlayer - Video window
> showing the resized movie will result in black areas (e.g. the text)
showing
> [...]
> drivers, and is undiscribeable slow, but otherwise works fine for me.
> gmplayer -vo gl  gives error message:
>
> VO: [gl] 352x236 => 352x236 RGB 32-bit
> [ws] Error in display.
> [ws]  Error code: 8 ( BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) )
> [ws]  Request code: 146
> [ws]  Minor code: 5
> [ws]  Modules: decode_video
>
> Stefan at j5u7r1 ~
> $
> The the input to the console via keyboard is not shown anymore.
>
> gmplayer -vo directx has the issues with opening another video windows,
that
> was already explained in this thread. Adititonally, i have to mention that
> swithching to fullscreen via 'f' will give me a fullscreen window that
stays
> fullscreen, but displays only the very next frame. Switching to the other
> tow mplayer windows via Alt+Tab is impossible, returning from fullscreen
via
> keyboard ins impossible, no context menue. Only killing mplyer in the
bash,
> for which X was started, worked.
> Starting gmplayer without a video will result in the two standard windows,
> one titeled MPlayer - Video and one showing the gui. Context menue works
on
> the MPlayer - Video window, and gui reacts to clickes. Starting the
> playback, the gui still scrolls the file titel, but does not react to
mouse
> clicks no more. Context menue in MPlayer - Video gets impossible, too.
> Starting gmplayer without a file and resizing to fullscreen via 'f' or
> context menue before starting playback will result in the third window
> displaying the video in fullscreen, but i had to stop mplayer with window
> task manager, as i could not access any other window no more.
>
> gmplayer -vo winvidix -fs give a fullscreen MPlayer - Video with the
> MPlayer-Logo from my skin Blue printed two times to it, one time in the
top
> left corner in the background and a second time in the middle on top of
the
> other. Using top left symbol for fullscreen will give me one mplayer logo.
> Starting the first video from the playlist will result in two video
windows,
> the MPlayer - Video with just the first frame and then the audio just
> repeats the first frame and the additional one all greyed out where the
> video is supposed to be, with black letter boxes above and below. Focusing
> the last one i can quit using 'q'.
>
> By the way, my ~/.mplayer/config only holds framedrop1 and quiet=1. Skin
is
> Blue v, and a font is in ~/.mplayer/fonts.
> I did not get X shared memory extension running. I think i am missing the
> right CYGWIN environment variable, but i have no time to figure out what
> assign to CYGWIN in e.g. .bashrc or cygwin.bat

Looks like the first system, that i made tests on, has severe problems with
the xorg xserver and video output. (PIII 550MHz, Win98, nVidia TNT).
I made some more tests on a newer computer (P4 3GHz, WinXP SP1, ATI Radeon
card) and i could start X in fullscreen.
XWin -fullscreen -clipboard &
wmaker -display :0 &
context menue -> xterm
Then i could start gmplayer in fullscreen with -vo vidix, vo -directx, -vo
gl2 and -vo x11 without any file in the comand line.
For the first two fs, i get a windowed fullsize MPlayer - Video window and
when actually starting playback, no addition window was being opened, the
borders and titel of the Video window disappeared and I had a perfect
playback, only switching back from fullscreen to original video size crashes
gmplayer.
For -vo gl2 and -vo x11 started with -fs and without file, i get again a
windowed fullsize MPlayer - Video window, but when starting playback, I do
not get rid of the borders and titel of this window. Furthermore i was not
able to get -vo x11 to actually zoom the video output in fullscreen.
Starting with
gmplayer -vo x11 -fs -zoom
got me the unzoomed video when starting e.g. the first file from the
playlist.
gmplayer -vo x11 -fs -zoom filename.ext
crashes video output at once.
Looks like the features that are working are yet very dependent on how good
the actual implementation of the XWin server workes together with the used
OS and grafic card.

Stefan