[MPlayer-cygwin] GUI under Win

Stefan Gürtler Stefan.guertler at stud.tum.de
Wed Jun 2 12:10:30 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Gürtler" <stefan.guertler at stud.tu-muenchen.de>
To: "Win32/CygWin porting" <mplayer-cygwin at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-cygwin] GUI under Win

> > Szecsi Gabor writes:

> > > The way I had done my compilation:
> > >
> > > I have installed the recent version of the basic cygwin system plus
> > > some additional packages like freetype, fontconfig and such, Of course
> > > with all corresponding devel packages also. X11 installation was the
> > > same, note that the older xfree86 package is deprecated so X11 needed
> > > with devel packages - I have installed almost everything except some
> > > that I obviously dont't need. The mirror I used is: ftp.tuke.sk but
> > > other should work too. Next step: GTK. Proper server is
> > > cygnome.sourceforge.net. (simply add
> > > http://cygnome.sourceforge.net/install to the mirror list in the setup
> > > program) The packaged I installed from CYGNOME project: glib, gtk+,
> > > glib-devel, gtk+-devel. After install you have to copy the
> > > /opt/gnome/bin to /bin and I think /opt/gnome/include to /usr/include
> > > but that is not certain. After all these you should be able to
> > > ./configure and compile mplayer with gui. At least I have succeeded :)
> > > I used a fresh cygwin install.
> >
> > OK, here is a short guide, I and Sascha fixed a few remaining
> > problems, it should compile out of the box with latest CVS now.
> >
> > 1) install glib-devel and gtk+-devel packages
> > 2) configure --with-extraincdir=/opt/gnome/include
> > 3) make
> > 4) install a skin
> > 5) export PATH=/opt/gnome/bin:$PATH
> > 6) ./gmplayer
> >
> > For added fun start X with the -rootless option.  It does still have
> > lots of quirks, though, there are no window borders, the cursor is
> > changed into the X Window cross when over the MPlayer window etc.
> >
> > Diego
> >
> Following these advices I did not succeed compiling a mplayer with gui on
my
> system.
> PIII 550, Win98, cygwin is current, one week old.
> 1) I have installed the glib, glib-devel, gtk+ and gtk+-devel from
> cygnome.sourceforge.net
> 2)
> $

./configure --enable-gui --with-extraincdir=/opt/gnome/include --prefix=/opt
> /
> mplayer_gui --with-codecsdir=codecs --enable-vidix
>  I end up with a error:
> Checking for gethostbyname2 ... no
> Checking for GUI ... yes
> Checking for XShape extension ... yes
> Checking for gtk version ...
> Error: The GUI requires GTK devel packages (which were not found).
>
> Check "configure.log" if you do not understand why it failed.
> $
>
> The configure.log just stops after the headline.
> --------------------
> ============ Checking for GUI ============
> ============ Checking for XShape extension ============
>
> #include <X11/Xlib.h>
> #include <X11/Xproto.h>
> #include <X11/Xutil.h>
> #include <X11/extensions/shape.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
> int main(void) {
>   char *name = ":0.0";
>   Display *wsDisplay;
>   int exitvar = 0;
>   int eventbase, errorbase;
>   if (getenv("DISPLAY"))
>     name=getenv("DISPLAY");
>   wsDisplay=XOpenDisplay(name);
>   if (!XShapeQueryExtension(wsDisplay,&eventbase,&errorbase))
>     exitvar=1;
>   XCloseDisplay(wsDisplay);
>   return exitvar;
> }
>
> cc  -I/opt/gnome/include   /tmp/mplayer-conf--3853583.c -o

/tmp/mplayer-conf--3853583.o -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -l
> X11
>
> ldd /tmp/mplayer-conf--3853583.o
> ldd: not found
>
> Result is: yes
> ##########################################
>
> ============ Checking for gtk version ============

> --------------------
> Nothing more!
> xorg-x11  is 6.7.0.0-x including the devel-packs. x11 is detected and
> enabled by the configure script.
> omitting --enable-gui will make mplayer configure no GUI, as was to be
> expected.
> Checking for GUI ... no
> mplayer from cvs some minutes ago
> omitting --enable-vidix did not help
> cp -r /opt/gnome/incule /user/include did not help
> --with-extraincdir=/opt/gnome/include/gtk-1.2/gtk did not help
> Any suggestions what might be wrong?

After having a look into the configure script, i could solve the problem
myself.
configure script checks for gtk-config which is located in /opt/gnome/bin
and therefore not in the path automatically.
So the right order would be:

1) install glib-devel and gtk+-devel packages
2) export PATH=/opt/gnome/bin:$PATH
3) configure --with-extraincdir=/opt/gnome/include
4) make
5) install a skin
6) ./gmplayer