[MPlayer-cygwin] win32 mplayer can't play dvd's

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 24 03:59:46 CET 2004

On Friday 23 January 2004 23:12, devans at presscentre.net wrote:
> So I have just discovered the win32 version of mplayer and would like to
> test a DVD.
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/mplayer-mingw32-1.0pre3
>.zip
>
> And installed the Latest Win32 codecpack.
>

> I can play a DVD using the full path but not using the dvd://0 option.

Have you tried adding -dvd-device E: or something like that?

I know that I once did a lot of work on fixing the awfully broken win32 code
in libdvdread, but it got upgraded inside mplayer later, so it might be all
the stuff got lost and not fixed later...
But on the other hand I haved tried the win32 port for ages.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos