[MPlayer-cygwin] Probs under win

Frank Stöckl Starfire51 at gmx.de
Mon Jan 12 22:47:13 CET 2004

At 20:29 12.01.2004 +0100, you wrote:
>I posted this mail earlier on mplayer-user but it might be more
>appropriate in here.
>
>PS: my specs are the following: PIV 2.4Ghz, 512 RAM, Geforce TI4600,
>Windows 2000, Directx 9 installed

With this hardware you should be able to order food online, write a mail,
listen to a mp3 stream, chat with a lot of people and install linux on a vm
at the same time and shouldn't experience any problems. ;-)

> >Again trying the windows version i've noticed just a few minor
> >problems:
> >
> >1.Moving the window while playing stops the playing

This is normal, nothing to worry about. The reason is the sheduling
algorithm which redraws the window and then maybe give the cpu to the
mplayer process, but in this case the window is redrawn all the time.

> >2.Moving windows in the background when it is playing(espcially when
> >ontop makes the playing stutter, or even editing a notepad in the
> >background(anything linked to text fields or something like that)

Never heared about that, is this problem reproduceable?

--
Codito Ergo Sum.

PGP Key fingerprint: 550E 59F3 4897 733F 9CD7  CC38 7487 E3E9 9DD0 9581