[MPlayer-cygwin] call for bandwith support.

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Wed Jan 7 18:35:37 CET 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 06:16:38PM +0100, . csant . wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> as some of you might know, i am distributing a win32 installer of the
> mplayer. it seems to enjoy some success: december 2003 alone saw 2588
> downloads.

> but there is bandwidth restrictions on my server - and i am badly
> breaking them. at the moment i cannot migrate to another server due to
> financial problems.

I have similar issues with my packages.  I have a 20 GB bandwidth limit,
and I have used 9.8 on packages alone last month.  I also host and
maintain a number of other sites from that same account, and this is
pushing me nearly to my limit.

I am about to setup mirrors at a couple of university servers in the US.
In fact, my next release will be delayed until the mirror is ready,
because I fear much more bandwidth consumed when a primitive GUI
interface is added to my version.  In any case, I would be more than
willing to share this space with other MPlayer packagers.

I would have one mirror at University of North Texas (www.unt.edu)
and _maybe_ one mirror at Texas A&M. (www.tamu.edu)  At the moment,
these are the only places at which I have contacts.

--Joey

--
"Of the seven dwarves, the only one who shaved was Dopey.
That should tell us something about the wisdom of shaving."