[MPlayer-cygwin] recent vo directx changes

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sun Feb 29 21:47:55 CET 2004

Hi, I just commit a big patch that adds multimonitor support to vo directx.
Thanks Rune for this.
This patch needs directx7 to work. If someone still needs support for
earlier versions please report and
I'll try to keep vo directx compatible with older versions.
I also tryed to change the fullscreenswitching to a 2 window method. Both
were big changes so
it is very likely that something is broken. I'm awaiting your bugreports but
don't expect me to answer
until the end of next week. I'm going to upload a binary to
ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta for those who don't compile
mplayer themselves.

The adapter selection patch adds 2 new options -adapter followed by the
number of the adapter you want.
Default is 0.vo directx will print the available ones with -v. -adapter will
only work with -vm. Now you can also change resolution and depth with -vm.
Use the -screenw, -screenh and -bpp options for these. The 2nd new parameter
is for the refreshrate.
It also only works together with -vm.
Example:

mplayer -vo directx -adapter 2 -screenw 640 -screenh 480 -bpp
16 -refreshrate 65 test.avi

will playback test.avi the 2nd screen on my radeon 9700 in display mode
640x480 at 16
with 65 Hz refresh rate.