Re: [MPlayer-cygwin]Re: Alternativterminal/CMD/Command.com forWindows98

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Sat Feb 14 07:52:33 CET 2004

Just for a little background:

Windows 9x/ME uses the standard (or not-so standard) command.com from a version of MS-DOS.
Windows NT/2000/XP uses cmd.com, which is a 'modified' version that is 'supposedly' better than the older, legacy MS-DOS based version. Hopefully this sheds a bit of light why the text-output would slow a Win9x/ME system.

My $0.02 USD, if it don't work, try something else, like that ReactOS one...

/S. Smith