[MPlayer-cygwin] Some questions about the MinGW port

Stefan Gürtler helfmir at surfeu.de
Fri Dec 24 09:38:46 CET 2004

>>I would like to know the dependencies I should intall to MinGW, since I
>>am a decent win32 programmer but do
>>not know anything about unix environments... For example downloaded
>>zlib-1.2.1-mingw32.tar.gz and all I have
>>to do is to extract the include and lib directories to the include and
>>lib folders? Also would like to know the URLs
>>of those packages.
>

> Maybe it is the best you start with the prebuild libraries Reimar sent to this
> list, but you are right I should write some build howto that explains the
> various tweaks needed to compile the libs on mingw. Hopefully I find a bit of
> time for this during the christmas holidays.
> Once you have all the libs in the correct place. A new binary can simply be
> produced from cvs sources with
> ./configure --enable-debug=3 --enable-static --with-codecsdir=codecs
> --enable-runtime-cpudetection
> make

There are percompiled MinGW packages available on the net, too.
I use a version of libiconv, as compiling it myself was very tedious.
Have a look here:
http://mingwrep.sourceforge.net/
and the package list can be found here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwrep/

I usually unpack all needed packages into another directory which then
contains a /lib and /include directory with all the files needed for
linking the packages to mplayer. I enable and disable using these
packages by adding
--with-extralibdir=/abs/path/to/mingwpr/lib
--with-extraincdir=/abs/path/to/mingwpr/include
or not adding it to ./configure .

Stefan Guertler