[MPlayer-cygwin] an updated ttplayer

Erik Augustson erik_27can at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 05:49:37 CET 2004

Greetings all,

I have been playing around with Joseph Miller's ttplayer gui lately, and managed
to fix the fullscreen switching problem he was having. The problem in the
original patches was the additions in WM_LBUTTONDOWN in vo_directx.c. I removed
those and the workaround in WM_CHAR and it works fine. I also changed the
interface to a WM_SYSMENU so as to avoid resizing the player (just a nit-pick of
mine), and set the hbrBackground to (COLOR)(COLOR_BACKGROUND+1) so that it picks
up the default windows background colour.

Additions to it i've made include a fullscreen button, and "borrowed" Sascha
Sommer's openurl_window.c for an open url box (I hope that's alright).

There's still an issue when playing audio only files where the controls lock up
until the file finishes playing. I'm not sure how to fix this yet. I really
don't know how to program, I sorta picked this up as means to maybe learn a
little bit. I've contacted Joseph about it and the changes i've made, and he's
pleased and hopes to work on it a bit more. If anyone has an idea on where/how
to fix the control lockup issue, please let me know :)

The package I have applies to current CVS, and you can get it here:
http://vayne.fdns.net/mplayer/ttplayer-5.tar.bz2

Apply the patches, configure with --enable-gui32, and once configure finishes,
edit config.mak and add -lcomdlg32 to the EXTRA_LIBS.

Warm Regards,
Erik Augustson