[MPlayer-cygwin] optimized for win98?

Kevin Jensen kevin_jensen at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 9 15:53:24 CET 2004

I am looking for anyone who has the Mplayer running well on a win98 platform. I tried using the binary distributions that were created, but they all fail to work in some way.

My hardware works fine.  I can play MPEG2 video (with embedded MP3 audio) fine with Mplayer, but no DVD.  I have had PowerDVD running fine in the past.

I just can not get a DVD to play now.  I even tried to use Zoomplayer pro with no luck.  Tried using the RealClock application too, but no luck under win98.

My win98 has all the updates, including directX latest version, and WMP9 too.  Just can not get any application to consistantly play a DVD.

ktjensen at yahoo dot com