[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: mencoder under Windows

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Tue Aug 31 01:49:28 CEST 2004

On Monday 30 August 2004 17:07, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Joey Parrish writes:
> > Also, please don't top-post when you reply.
> > How does that top-post Q & A go again?
> >
> > A: It ruins the normal order in which you read.
> > Q: What's wrong with top-posting?
> > A: Top-post.
> > Q: What's the worst thing you can do on a mailing list?
>
> ROTFL.
>
> How come I'm not surprised that person is using Outlook Express as
> mailer...  IMHO we should just ban OE from our mailing lists, this
> would solve 99% of the HTML mail problem as well.

I disagree.
IMHO we should leave the freedom to the people to decide what email
client they want to use. Even if it is broken, closed source and if there are
better and "free" alternatives.
MPlayer is in no way related to email processing so I'm of the opinion that it
is not our job to guide people here.
However, I'm not against blocking HTML mails.

Sascha

P.S. I thought a long time about rebooting to windows, just to reply with
outlook express...