[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: mencoder under Windows

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon Aug 30 18:56:05 CEST 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 08:32:32AM -0700, Eleftherios Gkioulekas wrote:
> I have tried out your package.  The player works fine.  The encoder seems to
> have the curious bug that it doesn't estimate correctly the percentage of
> the movie that has been encoded.  I have noticed the same bug on the
> official binary release for 1.0pre4. I haven't made a full test yet.

Eh, that seems minor.

> However, I browsed through the code for your scripts.  It is very nicely
> done, and there are two things that I would recommend to make it better.

What scripts are these?  My packages have no encoding scripts.
Are we talking about http://armory.nicewarrior.org/projects/cygmp/ ?
Or one of the many others?

> One, give the user the option to split the movie into two parts at the
> designated chapter during encoding.  Two, I find that it is necessary to use
> the -monitoraspect option to declare the resolution of my monitor, otherwise
> I don't get accurate scaling during the playback of anything (files or
> DVDs).

Also, please don't top-post when you reply.
How does that top-post Q & A go again?

A: It ruins the normal order in which you read.
Q: What's wrong with top-posting?
A: Top-post.
Q: What's the worst thing you can do on a mailing list?

--Joey

--
Me: "Isn't Kennedy as real as Colonel Sanders?"
Chad: "... Which Kennedy?"