[MPlayer-cygwin] winvidix + high-def file = crash

Chhaya, Harshal hchhaya at ti.com
Thu Aug 26 23:08:59 CEST 2004

Sascha,

> Thanks. I tryed it and it did not crash for me.

Hmmm, that's curious.

> However the displayed video was completely screewed up on both windows
> and linux. Seems like radeon_vid can't handle overlays in
> this resolution.
> I'm not sure if it is a hardware limitation or only radeon_vid bug.
> At least vo directx seems to be able to play it in overlay mode.

"-vo directx" works fine for me too.

I think you had mentioned earlier that using winvidix may not give
me any advantage over using directx. If that is really the case,
then I will stop trying to make winvidix work. I am also curious
about the need for winvidix if directx is the best option for
Windows.

Thanks a lot for pursuing this problem.

Regards,
Harshal